Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summer Camp 2012 Session 2 - July 2-6


Hello praying friends,

This summer has begun with a great couple weeks. There has been plenty of love shown and healing done in these campers lives. These are a few stories from our staff who counseled this last camp.

The first week of Junior High in the most simple of words was a blast. We had twenty two wonderful campers. Of these campers I was blessed with Vincent and Andrea. How God blessed the relationships between me and my campers was beyond my imagination. They trusted me with their hearts from the beginning of the week. Andrea was my camper last year. Since she and I had an established relationship she was comfortable in opening up to me about the deeper parts of her story. Vincent came last year and remembered me as the nurse and I got to know him a little last year. Because of this establishment He opened up from on our first one on one. Both of my camper’s stories were hard to listen to; yet throughout the week I was able to see the Lord be victorious in their lives. Watching the Lord breaking bits and pieces of bondage that Satan tried so hard to encase them in was a blessing to see. Seeing how the both of them have their smiles brighten throughout the week made my day. Praise God for His victory in these campers lives. Thank you for praying for camp. We have seen the power behind the tool of prayer. Blessings,       -Kayla 

                This was my first week of counseling and I could not have started it out in a better of way. I had two amazing campers named Nick and Ruben. At the beginning of the week I had no idea what to expect with these two, they both were first time campers and didn’t know what to expect either. God used this situation in an amazing way when Nick while reaching out to find friends found it in God; he came up not knowing if he would see his best friend after because he was moving to a different foster home. Because he was upset about this and I encouraged it to give it to God, to which he did. Ruben was a completely different situation; he was, well a little girl crazy. He spent his entire week talking about them. But by the end of the week, after finally getting his ‘girlfriend,’ he realized that God had much better plans and they didn’t include her. We talked literally just before he left on the bus, he told me that he wanted to know God so much more and couldn’t wait to come back. God’s work has been amazing in their lives and so many more. God bless,   –Kris

                This past week I was blessed to counsel Herman and Hugo. Although each of my boys professed to be Christians, I knew that they each had a ways to go. I’m thankful for the time focused solely on God that we were able to share together. I know that spiritual seeds were planted in their lives this week and I am confident that God will continue to draw them to Him. One of my favorite moments this week happened during Bible study time on Friday. We happened to finish a few minutes early, so I had the boys role play with each other. I had one pretend to be a Christian and the other pretend to be a friend who didn’t know God. Although previously during the week they had trouble focusing on the study, I was incredibly blessed to see them telling each in a simplistic, heartfelt way how to accept Jesus. Praise be to God and his abundant mercy. In Him,   –Brian

Thanks again for all your prayers and support for God’s ministry!  -Summer Staff

No comments:

Post a Comment